Bhavan Vidyalaya Panchkula celebrated its Annual Prize Distribution Function titled ‘Medha Manyata Divas’ with enthusiasm and zeal in the aesthetically decorated school auditorium. The function commenced with the auspicious lighting of the lamp by the esteemed guests Sh. Amarjeet Goel and Sh. Raj Kumar Gupta ji (Vice-Chairman). The function started with the invocation to Lord Ganesha in ‘Ganesh Vandana’. The Guests gave away prizes to the meritorious students. In all 180 prizes were given away to the students.
- Two most coveted awards on behalf of the Mumbai Head Office. Sh. C. Subramaniam Award for Excellence in Character that was given to Sarvesh Mehtani of Class XI, Gauri Jagota of Class IX and Liza Khurana of Class XI in their respective categories.
- Shri Pran Lal Dev Karan Nanji Award for Excellent Behaviour went to Ishika Goel of Class IX.
- The coveted Bhavan Ratna Award was conferred upon Mehr Uberoi of Class XII.
- The anchor Ms. Shelja proudly announced that The Bhavan’s Pride Award has been conferred to Liza Khurana and Harsh Kumar. The Award is felicitated for Excellence in Character.
- School Time Award was won by Ankita Chawla.
Amidst heavy applause, the students performing well in 10+2 Board Examinations were awarded. Students were awarded medals, mementoes, Gift Vouchers, citations and cash Prize.
Class X students who achieved a perfect 10 CGPA were also awarded. Apart from these, there were certain sponsored prizes as well. The luminaries gracing the occasion motivated the students to touch the greater heights in life.
Brief interludes in the form of cultural items like Bhangra enthralled the audience. The Rajasthani dance-“Chirmmi” added to the grandeur of the show. The sublime energy of a Bengali Song and Shloka Recitation enthralled the audience. The grand spectacle came to a close with the National Anthem.
The Principal Dr. (Mrs.) Shashi Banerjee congratulated the prize winners and their proud parents. She also motivated the students to continue their toil and attain greater heights in life. She mentioned that it is an endeavour to acknowledge the continuing saga of glorious achievements of the students at different levels.